In our hyper-connected world, there are fewer and fewer life moments that still need to take place in person. We can get our groceries and packages delivered, we can work remotely, we can Skype with a doctor if we need medical care, and all of our social networks help us feel connected to people who are far away.
When it comes to exploring and choosing a graduate program, the personal experience remains incredibly valuable. Spending time with faculty and current students, or simply walking around the campus, can offer valuable insights about the College and our programs. No amount of time conducting online research can deliver this same experience.
That’s why we’re encouraging you to attend Holy Family College’s Graduate Open House on Wednesday, May 15! Keep reading for a closer look at this event and the importance of an open house as you consider your graduate school options.
Why You Should Attend an Open House
- One on one time with faculty. If you want to know more about a program and how it can fit into your career goals or existing work demands, who better to talk to than the experts? Our program directors and other faculty members will be in attendance at the Open House waiting for the opportunity to speak with you about your educational goals.
- Chances to meet other prospective students. Our graduate programs emphasize cohort learning, so why not start learning from other people during the decision-making process? Meeting and talking with other prospective students lets you compare notes and clarify your own goals for your graduate experience.
- Tour our beautiful campus. You learn about people when you visit their house, and the same thing is true of schools. Come see our campus and absorb the unique culture and community atmosphere of Holy Family College.
Details on This Year’s Graduate Open House Event
The Open House is held from 4 to 6 p.m., and we invite you to attend even if you can't stay for the entire duration of the event or need to arrive late. These events give you the opportunity to meet the director of each graduate program along with other program faculty, as well as tour our beautiful campus.
Individual advising sessions will be offered for the following graduate programs:
- Education: degree specializations in Teacher Leadership and Administrator Leadership, as well as non-degree options leading to licensure as a principal, director of instruction, pupil services director or reading teacher.
- Business: standard track in Leadership and Organizational Development, as well as the health care leadership emphasis and options for Wisconsin Technical College System faculty related to their FQAS requirements.
The Graduate Open House Is Your Chance to Make an Informed Choice
We know that deciding to go to graduate school and choosing the program that best suits your needs is a significant decision.
That’s why we offer events like our Graduate Open House. The personal experience of interacting with staff and faculty, learning more about the program from the experts, and absorbing the culture of campus give you all the information you need to make a great choice about graduate education.