To all members of the Holy Family College Community:
While there are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Manitowoc County, the situation continues to evolve rapidly throughout Wisconsin, the United States and the world. In the interest of the health and safety of all members of our College family and in doing our part to limit the potential spread of COVID-19, we are implementing the following decisions:
- Holy Family College’s spring break is extended through Friday, March 20.
- In-person classes will be moved to online or other alternative delivery formats beginning Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27. We are requesting that faculty use the extended spring break period to identify ways to continue their courses online or in alternative delivery formats (resources are being prepared that will be shared with faculty soon, and any questions by faculty regarding individual courses can be directed to the Dean of their School).
- Our expectation is that resident students will remain home during this extended spring break, and as they work on their online courses March 23 through March 27. Students with special circumstances that may need to request an exception and remain in on-campus housing may do by contacting Rachel Fischer, Dean of Students, at Rachel.email@example.com . Students requesting housing during this time will need to complete a voluntary housing request form at this link https://forms.gle/C4iW45yAXCTjQVMW7 . Students should also communicate any special health circumstances to Rachel Fischer, Dean of Students, at Rachel.Fischer@holyfamilycollege.edu.
- All on-campus events are cancelled through Friday, March 27.
- All athletic events are cancelled through Friday, March 27.
- The College will remain open during this extended spring break period and during the week of online/alternative delivery instruction. Employees should communicate any special health circumstances to RK Greening, Director of Human Resources, at RK.Greening@holyfamilycollege.edu . Supervisors are expected to be flexible in allowing those employees with special health circumstances, who are able to do so, to work from home. Our goal, first and foremost, is the safety of all members of our College family. We would ask all to practice the following precautions:
- Practice safe social distances: 6 feet or 2 meters.
- Avoid shaking hands or hugs (use other forms of acknowledgement instead: wave, nod, etc.).
- Wash your hands often (use soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds) especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, prior to preparing or eating food, after contact with animals or pets, and after using the restroom.
- Cover your mouth with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
President’s Cabinet will continue to monitor the situation regularly and align our decisions with guidelines from the Manitowoc County Health Department, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other city, county, state and federal agencies. Any updates to these decisions will be communicated via email. Please monitor your college email address regularly.
Thank you for your understanding, flexibility, and commitment to the well-being of all Holy Family College community members.
Peace and All Good,
Dr. Robert B. Callahan
Holy Family College President